Do you wish you had more assuredness in social situations, such as when you meet new people or visit a prospective business client? If you have untreated, unmanaged gum disease, you may find it difficult to feel confident while speaking or smiling. However, your first gum treatment appointment with Dr. Jack Haney in Knoxville, TN, could start you on the path to heightened self-assurance. Call our office at (865) 693-6886 to setup an examination to discuss your gum disease and the proper level of gum treatment you need.
Untreated Gum Disease Can Lead to Self-Esteem Lapses
Why would untreated gum disease lead to lowered morale or self-determination? Consider the many symptoms linked to this common condition:
- Bad breath. Chronic halitosis noticeable when you speak, eat, and breathe. As gum disease progresses from gingivitis (early stage) to periodontitis (moderate to severe stage,) your breath will continue to smell unpleasant due to a build-up of bacteria. Regular gum treatments reduce or eliminate gum disease related bad breath by getting rid of the bacteria that destroys healthy gums, teeth, and jawbone.
- Bleeding gums. Like bad breath,bleeding gums can be noticeable, especially if your gum disease is concentrated at the front of your mouth. Without treatment, your gums will continue to bleed periodically. Stop worrying that other people will notice your bleeding gums by addressing the root problem with routine gum disease cleaning appointments. As your gums become healthier, they will not bleed as often or at all.
- Red, swollen gums. Although inflamed gums may be less noticeable than bleeding gums or bad breath, they can stand out during social situations. Why allow your reddish gums to attract attention when you smile or speak?
Start Gum Disease Treatment in Knoxville, TN
Like many health conditions, gum disease will not go away on its own. Even if you brush and floss regularly at home, you cannot get rid of gum disease or halt its progress without the help of a dental provider.
Dr. Haney offers gum treatment services for patients with gum disease. Gum treatment can include scaling and root planing, laser gum therapy, gum recession surgery, and other options. Together, Dr. Haney and you will work on a gum treatment plan to follow. The goal of this plan will be to curb the progression of the condition and related symptoms.
Not long after you begin aggressive, regular gum treatment, you will begin to experience fewer signs of gum disease. At the same time,you may experience an uptick in the way you feel about your smile, which can spill over into an extra boost of confidence.
Additional Benefits to Gum Disease Treatments
In addition to feeling more comfortable in social surroundings, you will gain other benefits to getting treatment for gum disease.
- You will stop the progression of gum disease.
- You will avoid potentially losing healthy teeth to gum disease.
- You will avoid gum recession.
- You will lower your risk for cardiovascular disease, some cancers, and diabetes.
- You will improve the overall health of your mouth.
Why Wait? Get Gum Treatment for Your Periodontal Disease.
Are you eager to feel better about the way you look when you smile and talk? Contact Dr. Jack Haney at (865) 693-6886 for a complete examination. If you have gum disease, you could be just a few appointments away from controlling it and improving the way you look and feel.